We do not schedule makeup lessons, however we have two great options if you aren’t able to make your lesson in person (online or video)!
5 Steps for a successful ONLINE LESSON
- App or Program? Establish what you will use: FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts or Skype. Exchange information with your teacher via the Tonara messaging app an hour or two before the lesson is to begin.
- Be Ready! Set up 5 minutes before your lesson start time. This means:
- Use the bathroom
- Make sure all of your materials are ready and in front of you
- Bring a pencil, and maybe a few markers or highlighters to mark your music at your teacher’s request
- Camera Angle. This should be the view a teacher has from their standpoint during in-person lessons. This means the camera may need to be propped up, so that the teacher can see your face AND your hands in the camera’s view.
- Call. Wait for your teacher to call you–they may be a minute or two behind, so please be a little patient!
- Follow-up. All notes will arrive in your Tonara app unless otherwise specified
2 Steps for a successful VIDEO LESSON
*Video lessons need a minimum of 24 hours advanced notice for the teacher to adequately plan and implement. The video requested (see details below) needs to be READY TO GO at the regular lesson time. Your teacher utilizes YOUR REGULAR LESSON TIME to provide comments and feedback, plus a new assignment. If you do not have the video or audio link shared with the teacher AT THE TIME OF YOUR LESSON, we cannot guarantee this.
- Assignment. All assignments are stored in each student’s Tonara app. Record yourself playing those pieces (warm-up included) on your most recent Tonara assignment. You will likely need to upload to your Vimeo or YouTube account and mark the video as private. You can simply message the link to your teacher in Tonara. If that doesn’t work, simply take an audio recording and send to your teacher (again, please try and use Tonara so all information is in one place.)
- During your regularly scheduled lesson, your teacher will then listen/watch your recording and use the remaining part of your lesson time to record instructions for the following week. By the end of your regularly scheduled lesson, your teacher will eamil you their video/instructions for the next week as well as update your Tonara assignment. Voila!
Centre for Musical Minds
8000 Preston Rd
Frisco, Texas 75034